Collection of Personal Data Including E-Mail Addresses
UK Surgicals takes your privacy seriously. We respect and protect the privacy of our users and take appropriate steps to safeguard your personal information.
We collect the information you give us when you visit our Web Site and use it to download or view specific product information or when you request to be contacted. You may use this Web Site to register to receive additional information (i.e. newsletters) or products from us. When you register, we ask you for contact information like your name, postal address and e-mail address.
We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we will use third party software to fix them.
UK Surgicals Email Marketing Communication Policy
UK Surgicals sends promotional email only to:
· People who have given consent to UK Surgicals to receive promotional email
· People on rented email lists who have given permission to the list owner to receive third-party promotional email
· All of the abovementioned who have not opted out after having received promotional email from us.
We always disclose our identity in mass email communications, including the address of our headquarters location. We never use deceiving header information or subject lines. We never send mass, promotional email to email addresses "harvested" from websites. We never, under any circumstances, rent or sell email addresses to any other company or individual. When coordinating with our resellers for the purpose of follow-up on sales inquiries made to us, we provide full contact information of the inquirer to the reseller, including email address, so the reseller can follow up on the inquiry.
Use of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. When we ask you for Personal Data, we tell you the purposes for which we will process that data.
Some of these purposes include the following:
· We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing, or special offers, events or articles we think will be of interest to you.
· We may send you regular updates by e-mail or by post on UK Surgicals organized or related events.
· We may send you requested product information and promotional material.
· We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research.
· We may use your Personal Data internally to help us improve our products and services and to help resolve any problems.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except under these limited circumstances:
· Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of UK Surgicals, or in connection with the business of UK Surgicals for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have acces to your Personal Data in order to handle our mailings on our behalf.
· We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Web Site, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event
· Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data.
Anonymous data collected through this Web Site
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Web Site. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Web Site. We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of this Web Site and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
When you send email or other communication to UK Surgicals, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Access to Personal Data is for restricted to designated UK Surgicals employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.